Monday, September 04, 2006

The Swinging Sixties



as experienced in a village somewhere in Northants.

Yesterday was our village day and there was a photographic exhibition in the church with photos dating back to the late 19th Century. I was SO happy to see that the picture of me dancing at the village millenium party has been saved for the nation. But I loved this photo of the youth club in the 60's with the contrast between for example the guy bottom right of the picture and the guy in the top row with a pipe, next to the one with the bow tie. Where the woman in the hat - top row fourth from the left - fitted in one can only speculate. I can imagine her attempting single handedly to ensure that the nasty Swinging Sixties would not breach the parish boundary. On the other hand, I guess she could have been a 'right go-er' and I quite like that idea too :-)

They look like the cast of Heartbeat.

3 comments:

cookie monster said...

so which one are you then jane? ;)

Shooting Parrots said...

Youth Club FFS. Isn't the bloke with the pipe meant to be a Harold Wilson lookee-likee?

J.J said...

Cookie, you are a cheeky git. and maybe I should also take this opportunity to point out the photo of me at the millenium dance was the 1999 millenium dance, NOT the 1899 one.

And yes S.P....a whole new definition of the word 'youth'on display there.