Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cookery Corner with a particular emphasis on Sun Blushed Tomatoes

If it wasn't for people googling 'sun blushed tomatoes' I seriously doubt if anyone would ever see this blog. It seems that not a day goes past without some poor soul ending up here in a fruitless (tomatoes are of course a fruit as I seem to recall from biology lessons back in the dark ages) search for a recipe that utilises sun blushed tomatoes. Those poor souls presumably feel somewhat cheated of a few valuable seconds of their life so I have decided to share that fabby recipe containing as it does 'sun blushed tomatoes'. Anyone who has the audacity to suggest this means I have nothing else to talk about today is of course correct. The addded benefit of doing this is that as there are clearly so many people searching for recipes containing sun blushed tomatoes that I might get my stats up to resemble something vaguely respectable...I am a blog whore ;-)


So I give you....Mediterranean Puy Lentil Salad

To serve 4:

250g Puy Lentils
2 tblsp olive oil
1 yellow pepper
240g SUN BLUSHED TOMATOES
200g feta cheese crumbled
fresh parsley
extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar to serve.

Cook lentils according to instructions on packet.
Meanwhile gently cook the chopped peppers in the oil for 2 minutes, add the SUN BLUSHED TOMATOES and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat.
Strain the lentils when cooked and add to yellow pepper mixture, stir in well, add feta cheese, season to taste and top with shredded parsley.
Before serving drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.



And it really is tasty, tasty, it's very tasty.

And also, if I don't become the number one hit for sun blushed tomatoes on google after that lot it will not be for want of trying!

And another thing - I love starting sentences with the word 'And' having always been told at school 'one must not do that'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But where on earth will I find a tomato that *isn't* "sun-blushed"?

Similarly, and on the culinary theme, where else would you fry a "pan-fried" piece of fish other than a frying-pan?

Grrrr! Bloody marketing-speak!

Holly said...

That reminds me of the sun blushed tomato story you told about Reidski!!

Shooting Parrots said...

And there was me looking for an answer to my auto-blush response;

J.J said...

David, there is a recipe in the River Cafe Cook Book for 'Pan-fried Calf's Brains and Sweetbreads'. I am not tempted.

Moo, that is why people end up here when looking for a recipe they get to read about Reidski being embarrassed by asking for the things!

SP, one suggestion to avoid blushing is not to order anything which includes the use of the over priced food items known as 'sun blushed tomatoes'

Arthur Clewley said...

we have frost-shivered tomatoes in Yorkshire - does this recipe work the same with them instead?

Arthur Clewley said...

and I must ask at my local chippy if they can 'drizzle' some vingegar on my scraps next time I'm there.

J.J said...

'Drizzle'it on your chips and gravy Arthur - delicious!