Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tagged so here goes.

I was tagged by Dandelion.

First up -

Seven Things About Me That May Surprise You


1. My shoe size changed after I had my children. The never been pregnant me had size 4 feet, the have been pregnant me has size 5 feet. I have a wardrobe full of shoes that do not fit me, but I can't bring myself to throw them away.
2. I recently bought a pair of salad servers reduced from £17.00 to £12.00. At the checkout I noticed they went through at 12 pence instead of 12 pounds - and I didn't say anything.
3. Point number 2 above didn't make me feel guilty as it should have done.
4. Apparently it is likely I told 50% of the world's population to fuck off at the same time - if you were one of the persons on the receiving end of my message I do apologise. That was when I learnt never again to reply to spam mail urging me to - 'Reply at once!' with the words 'Fuck Off.' Because my e-mail address clearly indicates where I work and what my name is, people rang and complained about me. Actually, rather a lot of people rang and complained about me.
5. I said I hadn't done it, that it must have been some kind of a computer virus - and everyone believed me and apologised for accusing me so unfairly. I said it was quite alright, because I am good like that. And honest.
6. I loathe refering to myself as 'J.J', and don't know what I was thinking of using it when I fled my previous blog in haste. It gets right on my nerves and I would change it but it is just more hassle. It makes me sound like some prat from an 80's TV series about an advertising agency. And also it probably irritates me because...
7. My name is not Jane.

The rules:

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
Velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia(London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
Tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
Miss Kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Badgerdaddy (Ludlow, Shropshire, England)
Dandelion (England, Great Britain)
All Cobblers The Sticks, England.

THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE! That took me ages! I just hope all those links actually work.

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.


As I have two places I now call home I will use both localities...helpful as how could I be expected to find 5 good restaurants out in the sticks where I live?

1. Mondellos. Not just great food and great value, but we always get a kiss from the manageress when we go there - and often a free amaretto too. My very favourite Italian restaurant EVER!
2. This pub is smart but friendly. Our favourite barman works here.
3. A posh Indian in a former shoe factory.
4. Lemonia - quite a famous Greek restaurant in North London. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
5. The Fat Duck - she lies.
The Real Number 5. Great village pub with stupendous fat chips!

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

OK, I will politely request that Joe tries this, Nat, George,Foil Woman and Spunky.

If any of you five do fancy giving it a go e-mail me and I will send you the links which will save rather a lot of time!

16 comments:

Gill said...

I'm not surprised about the shoes- my feet did the same after I got pregnant!

J.J said...

Gill, it is something I have never understood...well weird.

Anxious said...

I am surprised about the Jane thing! I'm always surprised when someone uses a plausible yet fake name because I've always gone down the "obviously fake, nickname" type route...

Brom said...

I went out with a girl once who had the same sized feet as me. Just how you girls manage to walk in those heels is beyond me. But I'm glad you do ;-)

Great listy read thing JJ.

Monozygote said...

Oh this is wonderful! I'm so proud and glad that I tagged you.

I just copied and pasted the list of names and links from badgerdaddy's blog and then pasted it into my own post. I'm sorry you had hassle with it.

I think j is cool, esp your j image picture. It is stark and futuristic yet retro at the same time. And it's gender non-specific.

JoeinVegas said...

OK, have mine up.
Since you've gone public with that admission, for publication, what is your real name? (come on, not going to embarase you too much)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Joe: I can assure on her behalf it isn't embarrassing but I think there's an issue of why the previous blog had to go and the reasons behind the new name so I'd understand if JJ wants to stay that way despite hating the name.

And once you have an author name, blogger isn't very happy with you trying to change it I think.

Shucks, I think you;re lumbered gal!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Thank heavens you left me out of this complicated chicanery. So you are not a plain Jane! I just knew it! But now I am thinking ... what is her name - social working divorcee who is into "football" (Northampton Town instigated inverted commas!)short and bad-tempered Scottish men and guzzling exotic foods...mmmm - must be Griselda!

Nicole said...

Mondellos sounds nice and homey!! and free amareto? what is that? must try Lemonia next time me in London!! greek food sounds good!!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

J.J said...

I notice there is some surprise expressed about my name but none about my dishonesty!

Anxious - it is actually my second name so there is an element of truth in it.

Brom, I have a new pair of quite glamorous platforms, but I keep ruining the effect by falling off the things.

Dandelion - Thank you! and no worries - If there is a difficult way to do something I will always find it!

Joe, thanks for doing it - and I want to go to that steak house!

And thank you Lisa - one has to be so careful as you do know.

YP- Rumplestiskin is my name!

Nicole - hi! Your tag has made it all the way round the world!

Reidski said...

Alternatively, you could have told them it was none of their fucking business what your name is!

J.J said...

Morning darling!

Gill said...

Are you in fact Mrs Tiggywinkle the famous no name graffiti artist?

Anonymous said...

>>Alternatively, you could have told them it was none of their fucking business what your name is! <<

I'm with Reidski -- for some strange reason, that response speaks to me!

>>Morning darling!<<

Thank you! Ooops -- sorry, that was for Reidski, over to you, mate!

J.J said...

Gill - could be, could be!

Marc - morning darling! And of course you are with Reidski - you are his separated at birth brother.

Anonymous said...

Awww.. MOndellos sounds like a great place. BTW, what is a amaretto? Hehe...

The fat duck sounds like a nice place with funny name. Must I say they have a lovely site :D

Thanks for your list ;) Have a nice day