Friday, May 25, 2007

Smug Parent?

One does understand how very tedious it must be for those parents whose off-spring do not periodically win prestigious and coveted awards to read of the success enjoyed by such talented children as mine, so do please excuse this little outbreak of smugness.

My middle child has won an award!!!!!

He has finished school this week prior to doing his GSCE's. And he came back with a certificate which, when I got in late the other night, he had left on my pillow so I could see and wallow in his achievement before I went to sleep.

As voted for by all 240 students in his year group my son is officially......


MOST LIKLEY TO BE IN A BOY BAND!


What a relief! I no longer need to worry about impending disaster in his exams (much).

8 comments:

Gill said...

Does that mean that your son is completely non musical but rather good looking in a slightly girly way?

©gloop said...

Now that made me chuckle.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Not sure what made me giggle most, the award or the fact that he left it on your pillow for you to thrill over!

Holly said...

Hilarious, is that his back up plan then I wonder!!?

Yorkshire Pudding said...

LIKLEY = LIKELY ????... And you say you have a degree Griselda? Or did you mean Ilkley as in "Bah tat"? ----- Spelling Police.

J.J said...

Gill, that is a very fair and accurate summing up of his qualities.

I'm glad Steve!

Lisa - he was very proud :-)

Moo, no, he actually thinks he is going to be a film star (I kid you not!)

YP - one of my most favourite typos - mixing up the E's and L's in LY things..that and 'teh' which I do every time without fail.

Fire Byrd said...

dlSO the two sons I have one achieves- uni, poker, sailing . And the other, well what can i say outside of I love him. I know he has a brain, but most of the time he's trying to put it to criminal use, and all i want is for the little darling to do his GCSEs before he goes off to join the circus or whatever his life plan is.I mean I'm only his mother what do I know. So big congrats for your son.

J.J said...

Thanks PP = I am of course so proud!