Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cup Football Success

It was SO exciting. 'We' were totally outplayed but 'we' scored the only goal of the match and 'we' saved a penalty. Yes, Celtic's newest supporter was very happy last night. Nakamura scores from free kicks like that every time I watch Celtic. He is amazing. Reidski ended up though singing (loudly!!!) in praise of Louis Saha after his three very welcome contributions to the match. The Man Utd fans in the pub seemed to take it quite well in that Reidski is still alive this morning. Saha's contributions were as follows - 1) Stopping when through on goal as he wrongly thought he was off-side. 2) Having his 89th minute penalty saved. 3) Not scoring at any other stage of the match either.




And to round off a perfect evening the Mighty Cobblers beat Grimsby in our FA Cup replay match and progress all the way to the second round of the FA Cup. Bring on the Barnet! (That's what passes for a glamour tie at this stage of the cup....Not as Borat's humour coach would no doubt say.)

11 comments:

John said...

I trust the Cobblers match was away, i.e. I hope you didn't forgo an FA Cup replay to watch that Euro-garbage with yer man down the pub. Grimsby could have beaten either of them, IMHO.

Martin said...

All I need say is.. Louis Saha ha ha ha .

Shooting Parrots said...

Apart from that admittedly superb free kick, Celtic looked very ordinary. Confession time though -- me and Mrs P looked at Saha before he took the penalty, then at each other and said simultaneously: "He's going to miss this." It was all in the body language. Why it wasn't Rooney I've no idea.

J.J said...

John, you trust correctly. Somehow I couldn't get excited at the thought of a return journey to Grimsby on a Tuesday night,although the fish and chips there are particularly fine...Wish I had gone now!

Martin, I was always told not to mock the afflicted, but it never stopped me either...ha ha ha.

SP, we thought Celtic were going to get destroyed. You looked so good in the first half, but I am confident for you v Benfica.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Did Nakamura develop breasts after scoring? I can see why the other guy in the photo is after him.
Poor old Mariners! Tee-hee!

J.J said...

Yes, lots of giggles produced by last night's results YP! Hope it made up for the rest of your Tuesday.

timesnewroman said...

Same old Celtic, Always....scoring superb free kicks from the foot of Shinsuke Nakamura

Reidski said...

"Celtic looked very ordinary" - yeh, and Manure looked totally fucking brilliant? I don't think so. How many chances did they actually have? A penalty and the glaring miss from Saha - apart from that, Boruc had nothing at all to do! That was one of Celtic's worst performances in the Champions league and we still won - Saha ha ha ha ha ha, indeed!

David said...

That celtic player on the right in the picture looks about 12. Was it the youth team?

Reidski said...

The bloke who says Maloney looks 12 is either pretty stupid or blind - or maybe both.

Oh, wait, I get it, he was trying to be funny?

J.J said...

I am the worst at guessing how old anyone is. I have long past the stage when policeman look young, and Wayne Rooney was the same age as my eldest is now when he first played for England which just seems incredible.