Saturday, August 05, 2006

Can't fail to mention that

the football season starts today for me and mine.

And I am going to miss at least the first four matches including as already moaned about here the match against Nottingham Forest. What a bugger. I can't go today as I have too mush to do to justify spending most of the day travelling back and forth from Crewe. (Note to self - so stop blogging and get on with jobs, you know you will regret it at 11.00 tonight when there are still loads of unfinished tasks. Reply to self - I operate best under pressure.) I then miss two home matches and the one away at Cookie's Gillingham because of a clash with an off spring's birthday. I am just such a part time supporter.

Since our promotion we have lost and gained a manager, signed four players of whom I know nothing except that Jimmy Quinn played in this horrific match when England managed to lose to Northern Ireland, and said goodbye to our two best players, Martin Smith and Josh Low. I don't have any high expectations for the coming season but know that as soon as I do finally get to a match this season I will be just as pathetically fanatical in my support of whoever our players are as ever. COME ON YOU COBBLERS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"COME ON YOU COBBLERS!"

And roll on 23 Sept!

Explanation: 1st NHFC/Millwall match -- sure to be a cracker, especially in the Den.

cookie monster said...

pffft, and there i was going to snaffle box tickets from work the cobblers game!

p.s. 2-1 to the mighty Gills! champions league, here we come!!

The Fatalist said...

The REAL season doesn't start until Saturday 19th August: Ryman League Division One South: Dulwich Hamlet v. Corinthian-Casuals. I can't work out how you can get excited by anything else.

the lorider said...

yeah... "football" is in preseason here.....

;D

Babs said...

Well. Since I've NO idea about this football stuff I shall take this opportunity to say 'Go Mets!!' because they're in first place, and because I can :)

DC said...

Not even a week into the season and we've played two lost two - it's going to be a long season.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I'm proud to support my hometown team through the ups and the downs and I admire anyone who sticks with their "first loves" in spite of the attractions of your Arsenals and Your Man U's and your bloody Chelseas. I say Up the Cobblers too.... except when they meet The Tigers - which seems a rarity these days - then we want to kick ass!

Anonymous said...

I am an American and support Birmingham City. Go Blues ! :)

J.J said...

Top of the table tonight Paul!