Friday, July 20, 2007

Yesterday

the man I love very much and those closest to him were due to go and celebrate the lives of the two people killed in a car accident on 7th July. 'Celebrate' because in spite of the dreadful loss of life, there was much to celebrate. Both of them were brilliant academics whose work both saved and created life. They had lived long and fulfilling lives. More than that to Reidski and his family they were the truest of friends - simply lovely people.

Only Reidksi and those closest to him did not make the celebration. Unbelievably, and with a cruelty of timing that defies belief, they have instead been plunged into mourning for someone far closer than the two they have just lost, killed yesterday in a terrible accident, witnessed by three of the guy's closest friends.

This man, in the prime of his life, married less than 6 weeks ago, and precious to so many is gone.

I am at a total and utter loss to find the words to express how dreadfully dreadfully sorry I am. It is tragedy on the scale that you think 'How do people ever start to come to terms with that?' I don't even know if it is the right thing to do to refer to it here, but how can I press on with my normal brand of trivia without acknowledging that actually this awful, in the truest sense of that word, thing has happened.


We have all to ensure the people we love always know how much we love them, how special they are to us. One day, inexplicably and with no warning anyone can be snatched away from us. I know I hugged my children twice as tightly before they left for school this morning.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I do not have the words to express how sorry I am for this tragic loss, but the family and Reidski are in my thoughts. xx

Nat said...

JJ, I don't know what happened but I'm sending hugs for you both. Reidski is very lucky that he has you in his life.

Keep each other strong.

John said...

Give Reidksi big hugs too.

Fire Byrd said...

How totally shocking for Reidski, and you.

Your so right about the preciousnes of life.

Just hold, him, your children and everyone you love tight close.

Take care.
love
px

Anonymous said...

You are right to post on your feelings JJ. Sharing remorse with others who you trust and know will understand, is like lightening the load of mental trauma. Tradegy and upset has been no stranger in this house over the last few years. Look after you and yours, you appreciate what you have.
BC

J.J said...

Thanks to you all.

Hugs will be duly given to Reidski.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Sorry to be a little late, but my thoughts to you all.

J.J said...

Cheers Lisa, and thanks for the e-mail.