Thursday, January 24, 2008

It is very difficult

to please teenagers.

I took a friend of my sons to London recently. He had never been before although he nearly went recently. He told me that his parents told him and his sisters they were going to stay in London for a weekend and he was really excited. They drove down on the Friday evening and booked into a hotel. It was then that his mum and dad played their trump card. "Ha ha! You kids thought we were having a weekend in London, but guess what - actually we are all flying out first thing tomomorrow for a fortnight in Florida!!!!"

Heath told me he was gutted.



And I am still laughing about that several weeks later.

4 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Awh, that is quite brilliant. poor lad!

PS sorry I've been blog absent here: its harder to get prompted to come over now its members only (I therefore can't get reminders in bloglines when you post. My bad, and apologies for the absence)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Heath? Is his last name Cliff? I met him on the moors above Haworth, West Yorkshire.

JoeinVegas said...

He would rather do London than Florida? What, no bikinis in evidence to change his mind? Poor bloke.

J.J said...

Lisa - always lovely to see you. I am hopingt his invite only thing can go soonish.

YP - yes, an unusual name round these parts - though very common up your way I am sure. Heath Pudding has a certain ring to it.

Joe - he is definitely insane.