Friday, January 11, 2008

24 months ago today

I had a day off work.

I had arranged a date with a man I had never met before. It was my first ever blind date and I had hardly slept I was so worried it would be a disaster. Naturally I looked like hell that morning.

I caught a train to London. When I arrived at Euston Station at 11.48am precisely, I was met by this Scottish geezer who looked like George Graham and who was holding one of those signs you usually see at airport arrivals and it read 'Just Jane'. I had spent the past several days trying to come up with some superbly witty first words for when I finally met Reidski. In the event of course I was so sodding nervous whatever I came out with was practically unintelligible, and he must have feared he was landed with the Care in the Community Annual Outing to the Big City.

We went to the pub. And then had lunch. Then went to another pub. Then another. Then another. And then I THINK (although it did all become a little cloudy after a few (8) hours of excessive drinking)we went in one last pub before I got the train home.

Anyway, I managed to get him drunk enough to persuade him to see me again.

I think I can honestly say my blind date was quite a success.

10 comments:

Polgara said...

As a new reader do i get to hear more? Did you meet him on here or were you set up by a friend?

Greg said...

Awwww....you guys!

Gill said...

aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! You missed work! How terrible! No wonder the country is going to the dogs!!

©gloop said...

Awwwwwwwww!

I met Dearest on a first date and thought she was bloody awful. In fact I told her I had to go to work the following morning and went home early.

She was over the moon that I buggered off because she felt the same.

About three weeks later our paths crossed once more and a spark ignited.

What a wonderful world.

JoeinVegas said...

yes, awwwww

timesnewroman said...

Happy Anniversary

J.J said...

GP - we only kind of got to know each other through blogging. I had a bit of a crush on him for ages before we met.

Thanks for all the awwww's everyone...I am actually blushing here.

Gill - that was in fact the same day the country ground to a halt, though I would like to think that was purely coincidental :-)

Love your story about meeting your Dearest Steve.

Fire Byrd said...

if you keep it secret the answer to your question is yes... but don't tell anyone else..... obviously got the idea from you!!
pxx

J.J said...

Excellent stuff Pixie. I thoroughly recommend it!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I missed your anniversary. But it sounds as if you have had plenty of suitable 'awwwwww's to let you know what a wonderful pairing you two make.