Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Local man impresses the nation with his compassion

in this story about waking up in business class to find himself sitting next to a corpse. As you do.

"I remember looking at this frail, sparrow-like woman and thinking she was very ill,” said Trinder.." who is clearly a very observant businessman.

The woman’s daughter and son-in-law arrived soon after and began grieving. Trinder said: “It was terrifying. I put my earplugs in but couldn’t get away from the fact that there was a woman wailing at the top of her voice just yards away." How annoying - I expect they get really good films in business class and they must have been really interfering with his enjoyment of the movie. The poor man.

“The police even started interviewing me as a potential witness, although I had no idea what had happened to the woman.(Note to Mr Trinder - she had died.) I just kept thinking to myself: ‘I’ve paid more than £3,000 for this’,” Trinder said.

When he asked for compensation BA allegedly told him to 'Get over it.' I really hope that is true because the compensation culture gets right on my nerves. Nice one BA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he has a great story to tell for the rest of his life. 'The woman who was bored to death by just sitting next to me.'

Gill said...

My daughter's job at the solicitors would be so much easier if she just had to send out letters that said- get over it!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I have always had a healthy aversion to anybody who is rich enough to travel first class. I think they should put more dead bodies in the first class sections of planes - failing that, how about buckets of vomit or aquariums filled with live cockroaches? I wonder if the old lady's family got compensation? Those little airline meals are deadly!