Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Still on subject of age

I have today written to the Daily Mail website suggesting they start a campaign to keep all women aged 40 or above locked away indoors. In this way we can hopefully avoid causing such offence to youthful onlookers as Sarah Jessica Parker has done today by revealing hands that apparently show her real age (44).

Funnily enough my comment has not as yet made it past their censors - but I'm sure it will be there before much longer. It is only five hours since I sent it after all.......

6 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

See, your first mistake was thinking you can engage with the Daily Mail. Tsk Tsk: as a girly you should know better...

(If I knew how to make irony a typeface, and could convey in non-sweary language how much the DM hacks me off I would do - but they ain't worth the rant!)

Anonymous said...

How dare she!! Her crime, of course, is not having veiny hands, but actually being forty-four in the first place.

Sheesh.

J.J said...

Lisa - I really must learn to know my place mustn't I? ;-)

Jay - a heinous crime indeed.

Karen said...

I think her face looks 44 or older. Too scrawny. I liked one of the comments that said something about her hands making her look 44 because she is 44 and what was she supposed to do get them transplanted!

Gill said...

MY GOD! SJP has VEINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.J said...

Karen - there is obviously not one part of a womans body that is safe from scrutiny - scary.

Gill - It's a shocker isn't it?