Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I am aware

of a tendency to do an unpaid tourist information job for places that I have visited in this place but here we go again....impossible not to rave about the places we have been to over the past week especially in view of the fact that instead of the threatened heavy rain, we got fabulous sunshine.

I give you Exhibit A ...



St Ives. We did 'do' the Tate, although we liked the Barbara Hepworth gallery more, but mainly it was the harbour, the beaches and the narrow winding roads which showed how the Guardian got it right when they named St Ives best seaside place in Britain 2007.

On a smaller scale Exhibit B...



Port Isaac. Beautiful unspoilt fishing village complete with an award winning pub.

More to follow....

2 comments:

Nat said...

It's all lies. I've been told that it hasn't stopped raining this year in Blighty.

I'll never believe the newspapers again. Bah!

J.J said...

Nat, believe me - it has rained all flaming year - except for that one week we were in Cornwall and a fortnight in April. You are in the right place girl!