Monday, March 08, 2010

Last Tuesday

I was set on a leisurely start to my day. No need to rush into the office and so a nice soak in the bath seemed in order.

The bath was run and awaited me with lots of lovely scented bubbles making it especially inviting. I was just about to jump in when the phone rang..... My eldest son to say he had had a car crash.

All that matters in this story is that he was fine. He skidded on black ice on a country road and a tree stump that got hit took its revenge by ensuring his car was a write off. I repeat - he was fine.

Somehow he was able to drive the car home. When I saw him coming up the drive I thought it didn't look too bad - but I was wrong. Up close it was very bad indeed.

My bath had gone cold by this time so I gave up on that as a bad job and got ready for work, but not before getting the washing out the machine to start drying it. A tissue had gone in the wash too. It was clearly one of those days.


It was also my sodding birthday :-(

8 comments:

Jennyta said...

Well, it's wonderful that your son wasn't hurt and hopefully the rest of your birthday will get better.
Best wishes anyway.:)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Oh lordy, what an event to happen on your birthday. Mainly glad your boy is fine. And I hope everything since has made up for the trauma.

Hope things improve

jay said...

Well, thank heavens he was OK! A car can be replaced, a son cannot!

The tissue in the machine thing is sooo familiar to me! LOL!

And it was your birthday. *Hugs*

brett said...

If I were to wager a guess at why, I’d say that users don’t “browse” forms. The interaction style users engage in with forms is different, and requires its own study and design best practices. This is a very interesting post, and the comments are also fantastic to read. I’ll have poses to have a little re-think about my own contact form on our new website, as this some interesting questions!
achieve level

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Is it like wedding anniversaries - paper, pearl, ruby etc.. - your "sodding" birthday as opposed to your "effing" birthday. Judging by glimpses of you in photos you have posted I am guessing that the "sodding" birthday must be the thirty fifth. Do all young people have to have minor car accidents as a rite of passage or something?

J.J said...

Jenny - my birthday really could only get better after that beginning and it did thank you :-)

Lisa - yes, great timing wasn't it?

Jay - I can't even think about the 'could have beens'.
And curses on tissues in the washing machine!

Brett you an an arse and I hate you.

YP - you are a charming gentleman and I love you.

I also like the idea of attaching expletives to birthdays as they increase in number.

Gill said...

I don't suppose it will help if I ask how old you are now? Hope something nice came your way eventually ;-)

J.J said...

Some very nice things came my way Gill - thank you :-)