Monday, February 08, 2010

I haven’t mentioned football much recently. As you may recall I did not buy a season ticket this year and have only actually attended two games this season – both of which were entirely dreadful. I’ve actually quite enjoyed the sensation of not having the majority of my life organised around the necessity of going to the football.

I was far from being the only person who did not renew their season ticket after the debacle that was The Cobblers 2008-2009 season, but of course a club needs its season ticket holders to underpin all its financial planning and to give credit where it’s due, it does seem some time and imagination has been spent by the club wondering how it may win us disillusioned fans back.

I have received this from the club.

If I purchase a season ticket before 31st March I get a free holiday. Flights not included but nevertheless a week’s self catering in Tenerife or Spain could be mine just for the outlay on the ticket.


There has to be a catch I thought to myself. And of course there is the fairly obvious one......


You have to watch the Cobblers play 23 times next season :-)

6 comments:

Gill said...

Fights not included eh? I see you have to take your own football hooligans on holiday with you ;-)

J.J said...

whoops! :-)

Martin said...

You don't have to go to the matches,JJ. Buy the season ticket to qualify for the holiday then offload your tickets to some worthy mug.

Shouldn't you change your blog title to Life Is Cobblers Twice A Season?

J.J said...

It's an idea Martin...but where would I find such a worthy mug? No one I liked or cared about obviously!

Going tonight btw - so stand by for the collapse of the unbeated run they have been on......

Martin said...

Just stay away JJ. For your sake and their sake, stay away.

J.J said...

Dear Martin - I can't even begin to tell you how awful it was!

And re going back - I think I've been banned anyway!