Monday, December 18, 2006

More worry

I'm not usually at home during the day. It makes a nice change when I am here and get to see my kids getting in after school. They are always surprised to see me and appear pleased at least until the moment it dawns on them I am working on the computer and that they will have to fore go the pleasure of MSM.

It didn't work out like that today though.

My 9 year old niece arrived at the expected time.

My 13 year old arrived at the expected time.

It took me a while to realise that actually, my sons should have been home before my daughter - because one of their friends has passed his driving test and has been giving them lifts.

I can't describe the horrible feeling that instantly took up residence in my stomach. No work has been done since 3.55 whilst every possible horrific scenario played on my mind.

They have just breezed through the door blissfully unaware of the angst they have been causing me. Then they asked how much longer I was going to be as they need to get on MSM.

This evening I remember that I love normal....and how indescribably precious our kids are.

No comments: